Monday, April 6, 2009

Making the most out of it

So yesterday was fabulous...thank you mother nature. Ben and I went for a run, walked around town looking at terribly overpriced shoe-boxes that they call condos (500 sq. ft. for $275,000?-stupid), and then I headed up to the park to read. I wanted to make sure I enjoyed every second of the beautiful day.

What I love about us north-westerners, is that we seem to take what we get, and make the most out of it. For instance, since it has been cold, rainy, and cloudy, for a few months, to us, the 65 degrees feels almost tropical. At the park everyone was out playing frisbee, reading, running, etc. I even saw a few brave women in swimsuit tops, pretending like we were in Hawaii (we're not)..but then I rounded the corner by the water reservoir and saw him: thong man. Lying facedown chatting with a friend. Now I know it's been cold, but apparently for him the warmth, Vitamin D, and possibly glow to his face wasn't enough...he's been waiting for today...because heaven forbid his cheeks don't get a tan...like I said, we make the most out of it. 

No comments: