Saturday, March 22, 2008

The Big Pack

We are leaving this afternoon to head up to Longview for a couple of nights and then to Seattle for one evening before we fly out. I can't believe we're almost out of here. Yesterday was my last day of work for 2 months, and although I'm elated, it still feels surreal. Obviously, my brain is not entirely on vacation since I checked my pdx email account this morning and lost some sleep last night racking my brain if I finished all my projects, returned phone calls and set-up any last business with enough progress that I wouldn't leave everyone flailing to clean-up my mess.
Don't get me wrong, I'm excited. I am a little worried on how I'm going to stuff all of my travel gear into my backpack. I guess it's not really fitting it in there, but more, fitting it in there with enough space to bring stuff back (unless the dollar gets any worse, than everyone gets my memories), and still being able to haul the big red beast from one city to the next. 
I also forgot about all the emotions that accompany being gone for this long: excitement, nervousness, unexplained bursts of joy, baffled moments of sadness, and the anxiety (both good and bad) of leaving your comfort zone to experience something new.
Now I'll finish tying up the details, and we'll be off...everyone cross your fingers that the dollar gets a comeback! 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love you both. Have fun!

Booie said...

Love love and heaps of love to you both! Be safe and have fun and I look forward to hearing about your adventures!

Anonymous said...

I love you, safe, fun journey!!!! Mom xoxoxoxox

Unknown said...

have fun, kids! we can't wait to read all about your adventures from the road.
xo
bkc & shyla