Tuesday, September 7, 2010

A sad day for the laptop

Ben and I had an accident on the plane ride to Atlanta a few weeks ago. In an effort to avoid spilling my water all over the laptop that Ben was watching a movie on, I handed him my water glass while I attempted to get back in my seat. He wasn't watching...I wasn't watching...an ever so unfortunate kick...water everywhere...laptop dead...no bueno.

A week later we visited the Apple Genius Bar for help. The nice man helping us told us it would cost $800 to fix and since it was two years old, our best bet would be to probably just buy a new one. Then his further justification led to this conversation:

Man at Apple store to me: "People typically replace their computers every three years."

Me to Apple store man: "Who are these millionaires?"

No comments: