- Graduated college, started college, graduated college, started college
- Moved 1 billion times up and down the west coast
- Visited 15 states: Washington, Oregon, California, Hawaii, Utah, Arizona, Montana, Missouri, Colorado, Illinois, Texas, Minnesota, Maryland, and New York
- Traveled through 12 different countries: Canada, England, France (2x), Switzerland, Austria, Germany (2x), Italy (2x), Greece, Czech Republic, Netherlands, Spain, and Jamaica
- Saw the Pope on Easter
- Skied the Alps
- Maintained childhood friendships, rekindled ones of old, and created new lifelong ones
- Witnessed vows of love, and new baby blessings
- Ran countless miles, including two 1/2 marathons, 1 full marathon, and a triathlon
- Sent my grandfather Abel out to sea
- Said goodbye to the tough Norwegian bird that was my great-grandmother Olga
- Got to know my sister and brother
- Said a tearful, heart-wrenching farewell to the greatest person I have ever known: my grandfather Lyle
- Met and married the love of my life
- Laughed, loved, cried, danced, sang, played, praised, hugged, mourned, fished, swam, skied, biked, snorkeled, celebrated, cheered, indulged, humbled, and always was, and am, eternally grateful for every day on this earth
- Along with countless other things I am sure to recall later on.
I have never been a big resolution maker, but last New Year's eve, I made a new year's goal to run a marathon, which I made happen. I feel that goals are easier to strive to, so for the next decade my list of goals is great--none too overwhelming, and hopefully all accomplishable. I hope they are celebrated with you all.
Happy New Year!