Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Final Countdown...

Ben and I landed bright and early yesterday morning feeling a little delirious from not sleeping for 24 hours (as a side note, I think I am an anomaly b/c even Ambien does not work for me when flying on a plane). Yesterday was spent walking around the city, getting our race stuff at the expo, taking a 3 hour nap, eating lots, and spotting our first celebrity (America Ferrera). We are now getting ready and going to head out to Central Park.

Today will be spent walking around some more, going up the Empire State Building, and lots of other fun touristy things. Tonight we will crave pumpkins, carbo load, and go to bed early with what I anticipate will be a bunch of nerves. Ben thinks he is getting a blister, I am kicking myself for not bringing better walking shoes, and Annabelle swears next time she is going to wrap herself in bubble wrap....

I think we're ready.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YOU DID IT! YOU BOTH DID AN AMAZING JOB, SO PROUD OF YOU BOTH!!! Have a terrific rest of the trip, you earned it! Love, mom xoxox